In keeping with our school mission, Mercy is proud to award approximately $500,000 in financial aid annually. A Mercy education may be more affordable than you think! We would love to have you join the Mercy family. Feel free to contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com欧洲杯在线投注 or 248.476.2484. We are Mercy!
Section 529 Savings Plan – K12 Tuition Payments
TUITION ASSISTANCE & NAMED SCHOLARSHIPS
The Mercy High School Financial Aid program consists of Tuition Assistance and Named Scholarships. Financial aid is awarded annually by the Mercy High School Financial Aid Committee on the basis of financial need as determined by FACTS Management Grant & Aid Assessment (FACTS) and/or special requirements of the named scholarships. The total amount of financial aid distributed each year is based upon the availability of funds and the number of qualified applicants. Only one application per family will be accepted.
A registered student may apply for financial aid once enrollment requirements are fulfilled and the tuition deposit is received in the business office.2020欧洲杯在线投注 Families who have applied for Financial Aid will be notified of determination by letter in June 2020. Links to all pertinent applications and forms are listed below.
Mercy utilizes the independent review company FACTS Management Grant & Aid Assessment (FACTS) to determine need. Families who wish to be considered for financial aid must:
Complete the and forward it with all required documents directly to the FACTS Management Grant and Aid Assessment Company. The deadline is still April 30, 2020. There is a fee. Applications may be submitted online by clicking the FACTS link at . After completing the online application, you will need to upload or fax all required supporting documentation. More information can be found at and if you need assistance, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637.
In addition to completing the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment application, students are required to submit the Mercy High School Financial Aid Application Cover Sheet and a one page double spaced essay describing themselves and explaining how they exemplify the Mercy Values. The cover sheet is available here. The essay and cover sheet should be submitted to the President’s Office no later than April 30, 2020.
2020欧洲杯在线投注In response to inquiries, during this challenging Coronavirus time, please visit .
The Archdiocese of Detroit, as a result of the Stewards for Tomorrow Fund, will award tuition assistance grants again this year to Catholic families who qualify. We are grateful to Archbishop Allen Vigneron for continuing this program in support of Catholic Education. When a family completes the FACTS Management Grant & Aid Assessment application, and checks the box, their information is forwarded to the Archdiocese for review and determination. See the Archdiocese web page at for applications and details. Archdiocese grant award notifications are sent to families directly from the Archdiocese office. Mercy High School also receives notification of these awards and if the student is registered, the tuition account will be credited accordingly.
As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, the deadline to apply for the Archdiocese of Detroit Tuition Assistance Program has been extended to May 15. Award notification or denial information will be communicated in June. For additional information and to apply, visit .
REMINDERS & NOTES
- In response to inquiries during this challenging Coronavirus time, please visit .
- All applicants are required to complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment application each year in order to receive any type of financial aid for that year. Completed FACTS applications are due on or before April 30, 2020. You may apply for assistance after the deadline, however, priority will be given to completed applications submitted on or before the due date. You will be placed on a waiting list until additional funds become available.
- Students who are awarded financial aid will be required to write a thank you note to the donor, attach it to the award letter offer/acceptance and return it to the President’s Office.
- All financial awards will be credited directly to Mercy student tuition account balances according to the payment plan selected.
- In order to be considered for renewal, students who have received Financial Aid in the previous year are required to reapply each year and tuition accounts must be paid in full. Receiving an award in a previous year in no way guarantees an award for the current year. The total amount of financial aid distributed each year is based upon the availability of funds and the number of qualified applicants.
- Families who have applied for financial aid will be notified of determination by letter in June 2020.
- Please note: Mercy requires parents and guardians receiving financial aid to sign an agreement for service hours. For every $100 received in financial aid, the expectation is that one hour of service is to be given back to the school by parents and/or guardians, up to a maximum of 25 hours annually.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for scheduling, working stated service hours and recording service hours on the Record of Service Hours form. The form is due in the President’s office by March 30, 2021. Failure to return the Record of Service Hours could prevent further consideration for financial aid and/or result in repayment of funds to Mercy High School.
Listed below is a partial list of activities with contacts that you can volunteer your talents at in order to earn service hours. Please remember current students are not able to accumulate service hours toward the parent/guardian financial aid requirement.